A little brighter than my usual woven work 🙂 This is part of the warp for a wall hanging, and no prizes for guessing that it’s a rainbow theme 😀
I’ve actually finished setting up the new/old loom (except for lacing some of the treadles) and started a bit of test weaving.
The lanes and hedgerows are full of Pheasant this morning, and none of them has an ounce of road sense or hedge sense between them.
I know they’ve only got to survive a few days, just long enough to be worth shooting, but you’d think chick breeders would set up some sort of preparatory school for aspiring gun fodder. If they taught them about road safety, perhaps by setting up video screen in the breeding pens that randomly lit up showing pictures of cars and loud engine noises to scare the chicks, there’d be more of the left for shooting 😀
After three near collisions, between the birds and my car’s radiator grille already today, I’m a nervous wreck and have an overwhelming desire for a roast Pheasant dinner… Hmm, who do I contact to patent a new pheasant-training device I wonder 😀
After a trip to Oxford through torrential rain (which was so heavy it made me pull into a lay-by for a while) and then enduring miles and miles of roadworks, I finally picked up my new-to-me floor loom…
I’m now the proud owner of a floor loom, a little larger than the table loom I already have (but not quite as large as the 9 foot wide one I was considering). It’s just a pile of parts at present, and the low selling price reflected this) but after carefully studying the photos all the parts are there. I now just need a day out in Oxford on Tuesday to collect it, and another day to assemble it 🙂
I’ve spent a few hours this afternoon practising my Twill weaving on my Dryad Table Loom after totally re-threading it. I did have the loom threaded in a complicated pattern but after doing a sample I decided I didn’t like it so pulled it all back out and un-threaded the heddles.